from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to the Alps, a mountain range in Western Europe.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Alps, or to any lofty mountain
- adj. Like the Alps; lofty.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or connected with the Alps (then written with a capital), or any lofty mountain; very high; elevated.
- n. A French fabric having a silk warp and merino-wool filling.
- [capitalized] In anthropology, noting the type of the European race which inhabits the Alps and the regions east and west of the Alps: characterized by a broad, short head, broad face with full chin and heavy nose, medium stature, and prevalently grayish eyes and brown hair. Also called Celto-Slavic, Sarmatian, Arvernian.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. living or growing above the timber line
- adj. relating to or characteristic of alps
- adj. relating to the Alps and their inhabitants
French alpin, see also alpine (Wiktionary)