from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of southern California, a suburb of Los Angeles. Population: 37,300.
- Bell, Alexander Graham 1847-1922. Scottish-born American inventor of the telephone. The first demonstration of electrical transmission of speech by his apparatus took place in 1876. Bell also invented the audiometer, an early hearing aid, and improved the phonograph.
- Bell, (Arthur) Clive (Howard) 1881-1964. British critic who proposed his aesthetic theory of significant form in Art (1914).
- Bell, James Thomas Known as "Cool Papa.” 1903-1991. American baseball player who spent his entire career in the Negro Leagues (1922-1950). Considered by many to be the fastest base runner ever, he reportedly stole 175 bases in 200 games in 1933.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A Scottish and northern English surname for a bell ringer, bellmaker, or from someone who lived "at the Bell (inn)"
- proper n. The Bell telephone company (after Alexander Graham Bell, the inventor of the telephone.)
- proper n. A male given name occasionally transferred from the surname.
- proper n. A female given name, a variant of Belle; mostly used as a middle name in the 19th century.
- n. a telephone utility; a Baby Bell.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Too bad this phone is not with rogers, i think it would be better bell is decent but rogers has the best 3G network compared to Bell
We do have bell express-vu as well, but are seeking other alternatives, since it seems like all Bell is interested in doing is raising our bills every three months, and decreaseing our services.
First, for the Stock, much need not be said, but of placing the Cannons or Crown of the Bell into it, which is called _Hanging of a Bell_, I shall speak something:
Just after he went, a muffled bell from the Church here began to toll for somebody's death: it sounded like a Bell under the sea.
He said BELL, in a deep, strong way, that would have expressed the church Bell.
BELL -- The state Attorney General's Office today subpoenaed hundreds of employment, salary and other records from the city of Bell today as part of an investigation into the hefty salaries being paid to top administrators and elected officials.
BELL (AP) - Homeowners in the small Southern California city of Bell should be receiving a total of $3 million in property tax refunds in the coming months.
Granted there is a built in tax on my virgin plan for bell tower usage but it's miniscule compared to the savings I'm getting by not going with Bell as my main provider.
Our ISP's Pay for it and well why can japan pump 160 meg to a house hold an if they want pass threw bell as often and as fast as their ISP allows not Bell.
And they don't use their own hardware cause if you have a problem with your internet they gonna send a BELL tech to take care of it same for Acanac and other dsl company that use Bell lines.