from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Britten, (Edward) Benjamin 1913-1976. British composer known for his song cycles, such as Les Illuminations (1939), and operas, including Peter Grimes (1945) and Death in Venice (1973).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A botanical plant name author abbreviation for botanist James Britten (1846-1924).
- proper n. an English surname
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To break up; cut to pieces; cut up; carve.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. major English composer of the 20th century; noted for his operas (1913-1976)
Sorry, no etymologies found.