from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Immense; enormous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to Brobdingnag.
- adj. Enormous, huge, far larger than is customary for such a thing.
- n. A creature from Brobdingnag.
- n. A giant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Colossal; of extraordinary height; gigantic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Like or likened to an inhabitant of the fabled region of Brobdingnag in Swift's “Gulliver's Travels”; hence, of enormous size; gigantic.
- n. A gigantic person.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. huge; relating to or characteristic of the imaginary country of Brobdingnag
- adj. unusually great in size or amount or degree or especially extent or scope
After Brobdingnag, a country in Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift, where everything was enormous.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Brobdingnag + -ian. (Wiktionary)