from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Dean, James Byron 1931-1955. American actor whose moody, rebellious persona in films such as East of Eden and Rebel Without a Cause (both 1955) made him a cult figure. He died in an automobile accident.
- Dean, Jay Hanna Known as "Dizzy.” 1911-1974. American baseball player. A right-handed pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals (1930-1937), he is best remembered for his 1934 season, in which he won 30 regular-season games, led the league in strikeouts, and won two World Series games.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A title afforded to a dean.
- proper n. A habitational surname surname from Middle English dene "valley".
- proper n. A male given name derived from the surname or from the title.
Sorry, no etymologies found.