from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Disney, Walter Elias Known as "Walt.” 1901-1966. American animator, showman, and film producer. Noted for his creation of the cartoon characters Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, he produced the first animated film with sound, Steamboat Willie (1928), and the first full-length animated feature, Snow White (1938).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname of Norman origin.
- proper n. The Walt Disney Company
- proper n. Any of the theme parks and vacation resorts operated by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States film maker who pioneered animated cartoons and created such characters as Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck; founded Disneyland (1901-1966)
Sorry, no etymologies found.