from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Fischer, Emil Hermann 1852-1919. German chemist. He won a 1902 Nobel Prize for his work on the structure and synthesis of sugars and purines.
- Fischer, Robert James Known as "Bobby.” 1943-2008. American chess player who became a grand master at the age of 15 and was world champion from 1972 to 1974.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. German chemist noted for work on synthetic sugars and the purines (1852-1919)
- n. German chemist noted for his synthesis of hemin (1881-1945)
- n. United States chess master; world champion from 1972 to 1975 (born in 1943)
Sorry, no etymologies found.