from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Mercia or its people, dialect, or culture.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Mercia.
- n. The Old English dialect of Mercia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A native or inhabitant of the Anglo-Saxon kingdom of Mercia.
- n. The dialect of Old English spoken in Mercia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Mercia, an ancient kingdom in the central part of England, extending westward to the Welsh border. It reached its greatest height in the seventh and eighth centuries.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of ancient Mercia.
From Late Latin Mercius + -an. (Wiktionary)