from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The satellite of Saturn that is sixth in distance from the planet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A son of Gaia; one of the Gigantes.
- proper n. The innermost of Saturn's classical satellites, marked by a giant impact crater (Herschel) on its surface.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The innermost and smallest of the satellites of Saturn, revolving about its primary in 22 hours 37 minutes.
- n. [lowercase] In zoology, a golden-green South American beetle, Scarabæus mimas.
After Mimas, one of the Giants slain by Hercules.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek Μίμᾱς (Mimās), earlier Μίμανς (Mimans) (Wiktionary)