from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Pickering, Edward Charles 1846-1919. American astronomer noted for his work on stellar photometry. His brother William Henry Pickering (1858-1938) discovered Phoebe, the ninth moon of Saturn (1899), and predicted the existence of Pluto (1919).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A town in North Yorkshire, England.
- proper n. A city in Ontario, Canada.
- proper n. A topographic surname from the town.
- proper n. Timothy Pickering US statesman.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The sauger of the St.Lawrence River.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A pickerel.
- n. A percoid fish, the sauger, Stizostedion canadense.
Sorry, no etymologies found.