from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of pivoting to face in the opposite direction from the original, especially in a military formation.
- n. A military command to turn clockwise 180°.
- n. A total change of attitude or viewpoint.
- intransitive v. To reverse direction.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An abrupt turn to face the opposite direction.
- n. A reversal in direction; reversal of attitude or opinion.
- v. To turn 180 degrees to face the opposite direction;
- v. To change opinion or attitude drastically.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. turn, usually 180 degrees
- v. change one's mind and assume the opposite viewpoint
- n. a major change in attitude or principle or point of view
- n. act of pivoting 180 degrees, especially in a military formation
Sorry, no etymologies found.