from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Physiology Of, relating to, or controlled by the autonomic nervous system.
- adj. Physiology Occurring involuntarily; automatic: an autonomic reflex.
- adj. Resulting from internal stimuli; spontaneous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Acting or occurring involuntarily, without conscious control.
- adj. Pertaining to the autonomic nervous system.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the power of self-government; autonomous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to autonomy; having the power of self-government; autonomous; self-governing; independent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or controlled by the autonomic nervous system
autonomy + -ic (Wiktionary)