from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Overtaken by night or darkness.
- adj. Being in a state of moral or intellectual darkness; unenlightened.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. plunged into darkness
- adj. overtaken by night
- adj. lacking knowledge or education; unenlightened
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of benight.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Overtaken with night; hence, involved in moral darkness or ignorance: as, benighted Hottentots.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. overtaken by night or darkness
- adj. lacking enlightenment or knowledge or culture
Sorry, no etymologies found.