from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A guide for sightseers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A guide who shows people around tourist sights.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who shows strangers the curiosities of a place; a guide.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Italy, one who acts as a guide in exhibiting and explaining antiquities, curiosities, etc.; hence, in general, one who explains the interesting features or associations or the curiosities of a place; a guide.
- Same as ciceronize.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a guide who conducts and informs sightseers
Italian, from Latin Cicerō, Cicerōn-, Marcus Tullius Cicero.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Italian cicerone, from Latin Cicero, the Roman orator. (Wiktionary)