from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Starch prepared from corn grains, used industrially and as a thickener in cooking.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A very fine starch powder derived from corn (maize) used in cooking as a thickener, to keep things from sticking, or as an anti-caking agent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Starch made from Indian corn, esp. a fine white flour used for puddings, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Starch made from Indian corn.
- n. A flour made from the starchy part of Indian corn, used for puddings, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. starch prepared from the grains of corn; used in cooking as a thickener
corn + starch (Wiktionary)