from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That part of a cell (especially the nucleus) in which its development takes place
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The nucleus of a cell; the germinal or active spot of a cellule, through or in which cell development takes place.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as cytioblast.
- n. One of the amœbiform cells or cell-elements of the cytoblastema of sponges; a cytode of a sponge.
- n. In cytology: The nucleus of the cell.
- n. One of the hypothetical units of cell-structure.
- n. A naked cell; a protoblast.
Sorry, no etymologies found.