from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Divergence or disagreement, as between facts or claims; difference.
- n. An instance of divergence or disagreement. See Synonyms at difference.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An inconsistency between facts or sentiments.
- n. The state or quality of being discrepant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Difference; disagreement; variance or contrariety, especially of facts or sentiments.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a difference between conflicting facts or claims or opinions
- n. an event that departs from expectations
From Latin discrepantia, from discrepans, from discrepō, from crepō. See also discrepant. (Wiktionary)