from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or appearing in summer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to summer.
- adj. Coming forth in the summer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Same as æstival, æstivate, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or appropriate to summer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (rare) of or occurring in summer
Middle English, from Old French, from Latin aestīvālis, from aestīvus, from aestās, summer.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin aestivalis. (Wiktionary)