from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A man who attends the bridegroom at a wedding.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One of a number of attendants to a bridegroom at a wedding, one of whom is the best man.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A male attendant of a bridegroom at his wedding; -- the chief attendant is also called the best man; -- the correlative of
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who acts as attendant on a bridegroom at his marriage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a male attendant of the bridegroom at a wedding
Sorry, no etymologies found.