from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a governor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a governor.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to a governor, or to government.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to a governor: as, a gubernatorial election; gubernatorial duties.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to a governor
From Latin gubernātor, governor, from gubernāre, to govern; see govern.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin gubernātor ("governor"), from gubernō ("govern"), + -ial. (Wiktionary)