from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One's native land.
- n. A state, region, or territory that is closely identified with a particular people or ethnic group.
- n. Any of the ten regions designated by South Africa in the 1970s as semiautonomous territorial states for the Black population. The Black homelands were dissolved and reincorporated into South Africa by the 1994 constitution.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One's country of residence.
- n. One's country of birth.
- n. The traditional territory of an ethnic group.
- n. An area set aside for black South Africans under the policy of apartheid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the country where you were born
Sorry, no etymologies found.