from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A method of solid waste disposal in which refuse is buried between layers of dirt so as to fill in or reclaim low-lying ground.
- n. A site used for or reclaimed by such disposal.
- transitive v. To dispose of (waste material) in a landfill.
- transitive v. To fill in or reclaim (land) by this method.
- intransitive v. To dispose of refuse or reclaim land by filling in low-lying ground.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To dispose of garbage by burying it at a landfill site.
- n. A site at which refuse is buried under layers of earth.
- n. The material so disposed of.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a low area that has been filled in
land + fill (Wiktionary)