from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- abbr. month
- n. moment
- n. a homosexual
- adv. To a greater degree.
- adv. Further, longer.
- adj. Greater in amount, quantity, or number (of discrete objects, as opposed to more, which was applied to subtances)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- abbreviation for modus operandi, manner of operating; -- often used to refer to the method an habitual criminal uses to perpetrate his crime.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In chem., the symbol for molybdenum.
- An abbreviation of month.
- n. An abbreviation
- n. of Missouri;
- n. of Monday.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an indefinitely short time
- n. a midwestern state in central United States; a border state during the American Civil War, Missouri was admitted to the Confederacy without actually seceding from the Union
- n. a polyvalent metallic element that resembles chromium and tungsten in its properties; used to strengthen and harden steel
Abbreviation of month. (Wiktionary)
Shortening of moment. (Wiktionary)
Shortening of homo, itself a short form of homosexual. (Wiktionary)
From Middle English, from Old English mā, from Proto-Germanic *maiz, from a comparative form of Proto-Indo-European *mə-. Cognate with Swedish mer, Danish mer; and with Irish mó, Albanian më. See also more, most. (Wiktionary)