from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. reserved, engaged
- adj. busy, unavailable
- adj. subjugated, under the control of a foreign military presence
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of occupy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Engaged; in use; being used by a person and not free for use by someone else. Opposite of
free, available, and unoccupied.
- adj. Inhabited, lived-in, tenanted; having residents; -- of dwelling units.
- adj. Overrun, taken over; -- of countries or territories. Opposite of
- adj. Busy; actively or fully engaged in some activity; -- of people. Opposite of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. seized and controlled as by military invasion
- adj. resided in; having tenants
- adj. having ones attention or mind or energy engaged
- adj. held or filled or in use
Sorry, no etymologies found.