from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Domineering in manner; arrogant: an overbearing person. See Synonyms at dictatorial.
- adj. Overwhelming in power or significance; predominant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Overly bossy, domineering, or arrogant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Overpowering; subduing; repressing.
- adj. Aggressively haughty; arrogant; domineering; tyrannical; dictatorial; insolent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Bearing down; repressing; overwhelming.
- Haughty and dictatorial; disposed or tending to repress or subdue in an imperious or insolent manner: as, an overbearing disposition or manner.
- Synonyms Domineering, lordly, arrogant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. expecting unquestioning obedience
- adj. having or showing arrogant superiority to and disdain of those one views as unworthy
Sorry, no etymologies found.