from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who programs, especially:
- n. Computer Science One who writes computer programs.
- n. One who prepares or writes instructional programs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who writes computer programs; a software developer.
- n. One who decides which programs will be shown on a television station.
- n. A device that installs a software program into some other machine.
- n. A short film feature as part of a longer film program, a "B-movie" (now rare)
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who makes up a program: as, the official programmer of the Jockey Club.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who designs and writes and tests computer programs
to program + -er. (Wiktionary)