from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Strictly attentive to minute details of form in action or conduct. See Synonyms at meticulous.
- adj. Precise; scrupulous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Strictly attentive to detail; meticulous or fastidious, particularly to codes or conventions.
- adj. Precise or scrupulous; finicky or nitpicky.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Attentive to punctilio; very nice or exact in the forms of behavior, etiquette, or mutual intercourse; precise; exact in the smallest particulars.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Attentive to punctilios; very nice or precise in behavior, ceremony, or intercourse; exact (sometimes, to excess) in the observance of rules or forms prescribed by law or custom.
- Synonyms Particular, precise, scrupulous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by precise accordance with details
From punctilio + -ous (Wiktionary)