from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by, full of, or bringing rain.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Abounding with rain; wet; showery; as, rainy weather; a rainy day or season.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Abounding with rain; wet; showery.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Abounding with or giving out rain; dropping with or as if with rain; showery: as, rainy weather; a rainy day or season; a rainy sky.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of weather) wet by periods of rain
rain + -y (Wiktionary)