from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Shining radiantly; resplendent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Resplendent, or shining brightly and radiantly.
- adj. As if giving off light or warmth.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Casting a bright light; radiant; brilliant; resplendent; shining; splendid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Emitting or reflecting a bright light; shining; splendid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. radiating or as if radiating light
Latin refulgēns, refulgent-, present participle of refulgēre, to flash back : re-, re- + fulgēre, to flash; see bhel-1 in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin refulgentem, accusative singular of refulgēns, present active participle of refulgeō, from re- ("back") + fulgeō ("shine"). (Wiktionary)