from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A man who is a teacher.
- n. One who educates, guides, or instructs.
- n. A grayish-brown snapper (Lutjanus apodus) of the tropical Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The person in charge of a school.
- v. To teach in the capacity of schoolmaster.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The man who presides over and teaches a school; a male teacher of a school.
- n. One who, or that which, disciplines and directs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A man who presides over or teaches a school; a man whose business it is to keep school.
- n. A common name of Lutianus apodus, a fish of the family Lutianidæ, found in the West Indies.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. presiding officer of a school
- n. food fish of warm Caribbean and Atlantic waters
- n. any person (or institution) who acts as an educator
Sorry, no etymologies found.