from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Previously used by another; not new.
- adj. Dealing in previously used merchandise.
- adj. Obtained, derived, or borrowed from another; not original.
- adv. In an indirect manner; indirectly.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. not new; previously owned and used by another
- adj. dealing in such merchandise
- adv. indirectly
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not original or primary; received from another.
- adj. Not new; already or previously possessed or used by another.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. by indirect means
- adj. derived from what is primary or original; not firsthand
- adj. previously used or owned by another
Sorry, no etymologies found.