from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being or coming second.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character of being second; the ordinal position in a series of the second member of it, whether this position is considered in itself or is spoken of as appertaining to the object that occupies it.
- n. The mode of being of an object which is such as it is by virtue of being connected with or related to another object or objects, regardless of any triadic relation.
- n. The mode of connection or relation of such an object with such other
- n. In a looser sense, the secundal, or relative, character which belongs to an individual object, as having such a mode of being.
second + -ness (Wiktionary)