from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having, exhibiting, or motivated by no concern for oneself; unselfish: "Volunteers need both selfish and selfless motives to sustain their interest” ( Natalie de Combray).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having, exhibiting or motivated by no concern for oneself but for others; unselfish.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having no regard to self; unselfish.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having no regard to self; unselfish.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. showing unselfish concern for the welfare of others
self + -less (Wiktionary)