from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To move with or make a rushing sound.
- intransitive v. To flow or swirl copiously.
- transitive v. To cause to move with or make a rushing or swirling sound.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To move with a rushing or swirling sound
- n. A swooshing movement or sound
- n. A pattern or logo suggesting a swooshing movement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the noise produced by the sudden rush of a fluid (a gas or liquid)
- v. move with or cause to move with a whistling or hissing sound
Imitative.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From imitation of the sound (Wiktionary)