from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to wolves.
- adj. Suggestive of or resembling a wolf.
- adj. Fierce or rapacious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to wolves.
- adj. Akin to the characteristics or habits of a wolf; lupine.
- adj. Fierce; savage; menacing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Like a wolf; having the qualities or form of a wolf
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Like a wolf; having the qualities or traits of a wolf; savage; ravening: as, a wolfish visage; wolfish designs.
- n. Hungry as a wolf is supposed to be; ravenous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. devouring or craving food in great quantities
- adj. resembling or characteristic (or considered characteristic) of a wolf
Sorry, no etymologies found.