from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Evans, Sir Arthur John 1851-1941. British archaeologist who unearthed in Crete remnants of a Bronze Age civilization that he named Minoan, after the legendary King Minos.
- Evans, Herbert McLean 1882-1971. American anatomist who isolated four pituitary hormones and discovered vitamin E (1922).
- Evans, Janet Born 1971. American swimmer who competed in three Olympic games (1988, 1992, and 1996), winning four gold medals and one silver.
- MountEvans A peak, 4,350.5 m (14,264 ft) high, of north-central Colorado in the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains.
- Evans, Walker 1903-1975. American photographer noted for his studies of architecture and for his images of the rural South during the 1930s.
- Evans, William John Known as "Bill.” 1929-1980. American jazz pianist known for his lyrical style. He recorded with Miles Davis and Charles Mingus and formed his own trio in 1959.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A patronymic surname common in Wales, derived from the given name Evan (or Ifan in Welsh).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A provincial corruption of avens.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. British archaeologist who excavated the palace of Knossos in Crete to find what he called Minoan civilization (1851-1941)
- n. United States anatomist who identified four pituitary hormones and discovered vitamin E (1882-1971)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
EnlargeDeutschVenida Evans is the actress with words of encouragement in Ikea ads.
He played a glissando that indeed sounded like one of what he called Evans '"delicious ice cream chords."
Thomas Evans is a Marketing and Social Media professional in Seattle, Washington; and a loyal Alaska Airlines fan.
The Price Of Everything, ScarboroughFiona Evans is clearly a playwright who hordes newspaper cuttings.
Howard, coming off a number of blockbuster franchise installments has earned some praise for her performance, though the always underrated Evans is an appealing talent, as well.
To me, Evans is the epitome of what I consider smooth jazz, smooth as in silky and luminous.
At times, the interplay between LaFaro and Evans is as if they are speaking to each other in another musical dimension, transported there in part by Motian.
In this memoir, written with Karin Evans, she recalls "two profound events that changed everything."
Finally to cut a long story short Evans is a gr8 choice, even in FF Evans was the only one who made it barely watchable, and was very good in Sunshine as well as Push which was otherwise a mediocre movie, so he is anyday better the Tatum and the other losers.
DEREK 8-TRACK while, yes, Chris Evans is young, at least he is older than all the children they had on their original short list. john krazinski has some age to him as well.