from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- McCarthy, Joseph Raymond 1908-1957. American politician. A U.S. senator from Wisconsin (1947-1957), he presided over the permanent subcommittee on investigations and held public hearings in which he accused army officials, members of the media, and public figures of being Communists. His charges were never proved, and he was censured by the Senate in 1954.
- McCarthy, Mary Therese 1912-1989. American writer noted for her sharp literary criticism and satirical fiction, including the novels The Groves of Academe (1952) and The Group (1963).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname of Scottish Gaelic or Irish origin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States politician who unscrupulously accused many citizens of being Communists (1908-1957)
- n. United States satirical novelist and literary critic (1912-1989)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
JENNY McCARTHY jokes about becoming 'grandma' to boyfriend Jim Carrey's first grandchild. more imagesJenny McCarthy talks about her effort to raise awareness about two global epidemics
California Rep. Kevin McCarthy is leading the 'Commitment to America' online effort.
In his party's weekly message, Republican Congressman Kevin McCarthy from California promoted the "Pledge to America."
California Republican Representative Kevin McCarthy spoke when Republicans unveiled what they call their Pledge to America - a governing agenda that includes cuts in taxes and government spending.
In the Republicans 'weekly address, Representative Kevin McCarthy said the plan reflects Americans' rejection of the idea that the country can tax, borrow and spend its way to prosperity.
In the weekly Republican address, Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), who spearheaded the "Pledge for America," argued that the plan presents "a new way forward that hasn't been tried in Washington - an approach focused on cutting spending, which is sadly a new idea for a Congress accustomed to always accelerating it."
Thanks to Caitlin McCarthy, Senator Kerry and Senator Brown's offices are jointly looking into a DES apology from the U.S. Government.
I personally didn't know anything about DES until my friend and screenwriter, Caitlin McCarthy, introduced me to Wonder Drug, her award-winning feature film screenplay that is currently in development with acclaimed independent director Tom Gilroy (Spring Forward).
"We want to go out and give Americans a voice and actually find solutions," says California Rep. Kevin McCarthy, who is leading the effort to draft what he calls a Commitment to America.
LB Colin McCarthy also is solid, and S Vaughn Telemaque, also a returning starter, was having a solid spring.