from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of central Arizona north-northwest of Phoenix. It was territorial capital from 1864 to 1867 and from 1877 to 1889 and is now a trade center and health resort. Population: 41,500.
- Prescott, Samuel 1751-1777? American Revolutionary patriot who on April 18, 1775, joined Paul Revere and William Dawes on their ride to spread the news of the British advance on Concord, Massachusetts. Because Revere was captured and Dawes was forced to retreat, only Prescott could warn the militias of Lincoln and Concord.
- Prescott, William Hickling 1796-1859. American historian noted for his lively studies of the conquistadors, including History of the Conquest of Mexico (1843).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An English habitational surname from any of several places in England.
- proper n. A male given name transferred from the surname.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a town in central Arizona
Sorry, no etymologies found.
PRESCOTT - Authorities say a pilot has been killed in the crash of a small plane north of Prescott.
BoxingGuru i also saw what happened to Khan in 54 secs ... yeh 54 secs which shows it was a fluke!!. .after 1 round Khan would have punished Prescott& when theres a rematch Khan will knock Prescott all over the ring! email
Yet even in Prescott — also a big retirement zone — one is as likely to see Obama bumper stickers as Bush; our (yes, I live in Prescott) US Rep is a Dem, and so on.
Prescott is up against Diana Holland, assistant general secretary at Unite.
John Prescott is ‘hopelessly insecure’ and ‘afraid of being shown up by his underlings’ and, Mr Mullin reveals, came to work one day wearing shoes that did not match.
Prescott is correct when he asserts that we must make people accounatble for saving for retirement.
However, Mr Blair rejected rumours that John Prescott is to receive a Cardinalcy, pointing out that he'd never be able to handle the vow of celibacy.
My parents had a Springer Spaniel named Maggie who survived a Javelina (wild boar) attack in Prescott, AZ.
Prescott is one of the few areas of Arizona without a substantial Hispanic population.
Idiocy has had the upper hand in Prescott since it first showed up.