from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Victoria 1 1819-1901. Queen of Great Britain and Ireland (1837-1901) and empress of India (1876-1901). Her sense of duty and strict moral code had great influence on 19th-century British society.
- The capital of British Columbia, Canada, on southeast Vancouver Island at the eastern end of the Strait of Juan de Fuca. Founded in 1843 as a Hudson's Bay Company outpost, it became provincial capital in the late 1860s. Population: 78,100.
- The capital of Hong Kong, China, on the northwest coast of Hong Kong Island. It has extensive shipping facilities and is the seat of the University of Hong Kong (established 1911). Population: 987,000.
- The capital of Seychelles, on the northeast coast of Mahé Island on the Indian Ocean. Population: 24,900.
- A city of southeast Texas southeast of San Antonio. It is connected with the Intracoastal Waterway by the Victoria Barge Canal. Population: 62,200.
- Lake also Victoria Ny·an·za (nī-ănˈzə, nyänˈ-)Victoria A lake of east-central Africa bordered by Uganda, Kenya, and Tanzania. It was sighted in 1858 by the British explorer John Speke, who was searching for the source of the Nile River.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The Roman goddess of victory; equivalent to the Greek goddess Nike.
- proper n. A female given name.
- proper n. A monarch named Queen Victoria, especially Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom (reigned 1837-1901).(Should we delete(+) this redundant sense?)
- proper n. One of the six states of Australia, situated in the south-eastern part of the continent, with its capital at Melbourne.
- proper n. The British colony in what is now the Australian state of Victoria.
- proper n. The capital of Seychelles.
- proper n. Provincial capital of British Columbia (Canada).
- proper n. Main town of the federal territory of Labuan (Malaysia).
- proper n. Lake Victoria, the largest lake in Africa.
- proper n. The City of Victoria, a settlement in Hong Kong often referred to as its capital
- proper n. 12 Victoria, an asteroid.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. A genus of aquatic plants named in honor of Queen Victoria. The Victoria regia is a native of Guiana and Brazil. Its large, spreading leaves are often over five feet in diameter, and have a rim from three to five inches high; its immense rose-white flowers sometimes attain a diameter of nearly two feet.
- proper n. A kind of low four-wheeled pleasure carriage, with a calash top, designed for two persons and the driver who occupies a high seat in front.
- proper n. An asteroid discovered by Hind in 1850; -- called also Clio.
- proper n. One of an American breed of medium-sized white hogs with a slightly dished face and very erect ears.
For further information on the range of StreetGames activities and events happening in Blaenau Gwent, you can email victoria. email@example.com or telephone Victoria on
VICTORIA - Tanaya Montgomery, 28, of Victoria by deputies Friday on a warrant charging her with violation of probation in a felony manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance.
VICTORIA - Christopher Lee Reyna, 18, of Victoria, by deputies Wednesday on a warrant charging him with felony violation of probation in a robbery case.
VICTORIA - Nora Elia Martinez, 30, of Victoria, by deputies Wednesday on a warrant charging her with felony violation of probation in a theft case.
VICTORIA - Christoher Gustav Traeger, 26, of Victoria, by deputies Wednesday on a warrant charging him with felony violation of probation in a burglary case.
VICTORIA - Samuel Anthony Longoria, 22, of Victoria, by deputies Thursday on a warrant charging him with felony violation of probation in an evading arrest case.
VICTORIA - Jonathan Ted Holcomb, 38, of Victoria, by deputies Wednesday on a warrant charging him with violation of parole.
VICTORIA - Jason Gene Ray, 34, of Victoria, by deputies Thursday on a warrant charging him with failure to give information and render aid after accident causing damage to vehicle.
VICTORIA - Jimmy D. Callis, 18, of Victoria, by deputies Wednesday on a warrant charging him with felony violation of probation in an intent to inflict bodily injury case.
VICTORIA - Genaro Caballereo, 31, of Victoria, by deputies Wednesday on a warrant charging him with possession of marijuana.