from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Ruling house of Great Britain (since 1917), including George V, who adopted the name Windsor in 1917, and his descendants Edward VIII, George VI, and Elizabeth II.
- A city of southeast Ontario, Canada, on the Detroit River opposite Detroit, Michigan. Settled by the French after 1701, it is a port of entry and an industrial center. Population: 216,000.
- A municipal borough of south-central England on the Thames River southwest of London. Windsor Castle has been a royal residence since the time of William the Conqueror. Population: 29,700.
- Windsor, Duke of See Edward VIII.
- Windsor, Wallis Warfield. Duchess of Windsor. 1896-1986. American divorcée who married the Duke of Windsor, formerly Edward VIII of England, in 1937.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A town in Berkshire, England - famous for Windsor Castle
- proper n. Several other places in England, Australia, Canada and the United States
- proper n. A habitational surname from the town in Berkshire.
- proper n. A male given name transferred from the surname.
- proper n. The Royal House of Windsor
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A town in Berkshire, England.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the British royal family since 1917
- n. a city in southeastern Ontario on the Detroit River opposite Detroit
Sorry, no etymologies found.
WINDSOR - The guns of the royal city of Windsor boomed out in salute - echoed by shots from the Tower of London - as the
WINDSOR - A Windsor Municipal Court Judge ruled Tuesday that Lazarus Pino's claims against the town of Windsor, which stem from Pino being cited daily for operating a medical marijuana dispensary in violation of a moratorium, are not valid.
WINDSOR, Ont. - A Leamington, Ont., woman who underwent an unnecessary mastectomy at Hotel-Dieu Grace Hospital in Windsor, Ont., has a prominent Toronto law firm and one of the most powerful public relations companies on the planet launching legal action on her behalf.
WINDSOR - Electricity has been restored to 1,500 Xcel customers in Timnath, Windsor, Severance and parts of Fort Collins who lost power at 8: 30 a.m.,
WINDSOR - With a solid effort at both ends of the floor, Windsor had no trouble with Otter Valley Saturday, 67-41, in a Marble Valley League game on Saturday.
WINDSOR -- Officials at the Ambassador Bridge say the company would be happy to pick up part of the tab for a new highway leading to the border in Windsor -- provided it leads to their bridge and not a new crossing proposed a few kilometers downriver.
WINDSOR -- A select group of truckers attending the recent Driving for Profit seminar in Windsor, Ont., got an earful and a leg up on some big changes coming to border crossings.
WINDSOR -- Five people from London have been charged in the death of a man from Windsor.
WINDSOR - A multimillion-dollar project to build three armories in Colorado - including one in Windsor - will pull money from the state's Veterans Trust Fund.
WINDSOR Scott Conarroe talk 6: 30pm Art Gallery of Windsor 401 Riverside Dr