ruling-machine love


from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A machine used by engravers for ruling in flat tints, etc.
  • n. A machine used for ruling parallel colored lines upon writing-paper, or upon paper for the manufacture of blank-books; a paper-ruler.
  • n. A machine used by lithographers for cutting lines on stone to be printed on paper to take the place of ruled lines in lithographed bill-heads and other blanks.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.