from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A characteristically African cultural feature, such as a belief or custom.
- n. A linguistic feature of an African language occurring in a non-African language.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Eurocentric representation of Africans or people of African ancestry.
- n. A characteristically African cultural feature, such as a belief, custom or linguistic feature.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A word, phrase, idiom, or custom peculiar to Africa or Africans.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An African provincialism; a peculiarity of Latin diction characteristic of some of the African fathers of the church.
- n. A mode or peculiarity of speech of the African race in America.
Sorry, no etymologies found.