from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A South Central Niger-Congo language spoken in parts of Ghana and Côte d'Ivoire whose two main varieties are Fante and Twi.
- n. A member of a people of Ghana and Côte d'Ivoire, including the Fante and the Twi.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Akan people.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Akan language and other related languages.
- proper n. A people who inhabit Ghana and Côte d'Ivoire.
- proper n. The Niger-Congo language spoken by these people.
- proper n. A group of languages spoken in Ghana.
- proper n. A volcano in Hokkaido, Japan.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast
Sorry, no etymologies found.