from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. In the Arabian Nights, a boy who acquires a magic lamp and a magic ring with which he can summon two jinn to fulfill any desire.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A classic Arabic tale about a young man named Aladdin who is recruited by a sorcerer to get a magic lamp from a cave.
- proper n. The young man who is the protagonist and title character of the story.
- proper n. A classic British pantomime.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. in the Arabian Nights a boy who acquires a magic lamp from which he can summon a genie
From Arabic علاء الدين (ʿalāʾ al-dīn, "nobility of the faith"). (Wiktionary)