from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A violin made by Nicolò Amati or the members of his family.
- Amati, Nicolò or Nicola 1596-1684. Italian violin maker who taught his craft to Stradivari and Guarneri.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a violin made by a member of the Amati family.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a violin made by Nicolo Amati or a member of his family
- n. Italian violin maker in Cremona; taught the craft to Guarneri and Stradivari (1596-1684)
Sorry, no etymologies found.