from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Argos or the ancient region of Argolis.
- adj. Of or relating to Greece or the Greeks.
- n. A Greek, especially an inhabitant of Argos or Argolis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to Argos; (loosely) Greek.
- proper n. An inhabitant of Argos.
- proper n. In the Homeric Iliad and Odyssey, and in later classical epics, an alternate name for an Achaean or Greek in general.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or performance to Argos, the capital of Argolis in Greece.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to Argos, the historic capital of Argolis or Argeia in Greece, or to its inhabitants, or to Argolis, the territory of Argos.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Argos or of Argolis; a Greek.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the ancient Greek city of Argos or its people
- n. a native or inhabitant of the city of Argos
Latin Argīvus, from Greek Argeios, from Argos .(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin Argīvus, from Ancient Greek Ἀργεῖος. (Wiktionary)