from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Chaldea or its people, language, or culture.
- n. A member of an ancient Semitic people who ruled in Babylonia.
- n. See Aramaic.
- n. A person versed in occult learning.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to Chaldea specifically, or ancient Babylonia in general.
- n. A native of Chaldea; a Chaldee.
- n. A member of the Chaldean Catholic Church, a uniate church of the Roman Catholic Church.
- n. A diviner or astrologer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Chaldea.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating or pertaining to Chaldea, the rich plain of southern Babylonia: the name Chaldea was also often applied to the whole of that country, from the dominance of the Chaldean race over it for a long period.
- n. An inhabitant of Chaldea; specifically, a member of the Semitic race from whom Chaldea took its name, who were celebrated as warriors, astrologers, magicians, etc., and constituted the priestly caste of Babylonia.
- n. In the Bible, sometimes, an astrologer, soothsayer, or fortune-teller.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to ancient Chaldea or its people or language or culture
- n. a wise man skilled in occult learning
- n. an inhabitant of ancient Chaldea
From Ancient Greek Χαλδαῖος (Khaldaios) (Wiktionary)