from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Native American people formerly inhabiting northeast Mississippi and northwest Alabama, now located in south-central Oklahoma. The Chickasaw were removed to Indian Territory in the 1830s.
- n. A member of this people.
- n. The Muskogean language of the Chickasaw.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A Native American tribe now largely concentrated in southeastern Oklahoma.
- proper n. The Muskogean language of the Chickasaw nation (the native word is chikashsha).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of the Muskhogean people formerly living in northern Mississippi
- n. the Muskhogean language of the Chickasaw
Sorry, no etymologies found.