from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the theory of Copernicus that Earth rotates daily on its axis and, with the other planets in the solar system, revolves around the sun.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to Nicolaus Copernicus (1473-1543), the influential astronomer.
- adj. Or of pertaining to one or more of his theories.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to Copernicus, a Prussian by birth (b. 1473, d. 1543), who taught the world the solar system now received, called the Copernican system.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Copernicus (originally Koppernigk, 1473-1543), a Prussian Pole and a celebrated astronomer, who, in a work published in 1543, promulgated the now received theory that the earth and the planets revolve about the sun; pertaining to or in accord with the astronomical doctrines of Copernicus.
- n. An adherent of the astronomical doctrines of Copernicus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. according to Copernicus
- adj. of radical or major importance
Copernicus + -an (Wiktionary)