from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Greek Mythology Of or relating to Delphi or to the oracle of Apollo at Delphi.
- adj. Obscurely prophetic; oracular: made a great deal of Delphic pronouncements.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to Delphi or its oracles.
- adj. Obscurely prophetic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or relating to Delphi, or to the famous oracle of that place.
- adj. Ambiguous; mysterious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as Delphian.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to Delphi or to the oracles of Apollo at Delphi
- adj. obscurely prophetic
Sorry, no etymologies found.